22 Mar How to Choose the Best Agent
Are you looking for just the right agent to help you find your dream home?
If so, and if you’ve talked with friends about it, you’ve probably gotten plenty of advice. Some of them will recommend fantastic agents they’ve used in the past. Some will tell you about agents you should avoid. Those without personal experience will tell you what they’ve read.
It’s natural – we all want to give advice and help each other. But, unfortunately, too much advice can be worse than none. It can be both confusing and conflicting.
For instance, you might hear:
• “Use the agent with the most listings.”
• “Stay away from the agent with the most listings – he won’t have time for you.”
• “Use the agent who has been in business the longest.”
• “Stay away from those old agents, because they’re behind the times.”
• “Pick the agent with the most testimonials.”
• “Ignore the testimonials, they’re probably made-up.”
• “Use a new agent because he or she will have more time for you.”
• “Stay away from new agents because they don’t have enough experience.”
The truth is, not one of those generalizations is valid. Each individual is different, so unless you’ve gotten a rock-solid referral, you need to make your choice based on getting acquainted with the agents in question. And that’s why I’m writing. I’d like to give you the opportunity to get acquainted with me, and learn why I believe I can serve you as well or better than any other agent in our marketplace.
You see, I’m one of those new agents, and I can tell you that my having enough time for you is only one of the many reasons why I know you’ll be pleased with my service.
If you like, you can call me at 867-335-4868 and we can sit down and discuss it right away.